We know how vital the heart is to your wellbeing and that is why we have developed a full complement of cardiology services for our clients. We have a full time specialist cardiologist running exhaustive cardiology clinics every week day and also available on call 24/7
CARDIOLOGY CLINIC RUN BY CARDIOLOGIST MONDAY – FRIDAY!
We are equipped to investigate and mange a wide range of heart conditions
- - Stress ECG (treadmill)
- - Echocardiography
- - HOLTER monitoring (24hr ECG / 24hr BPP)
- - ECG at rest
- - Doppler and much more
Stress ECG Test
Stress ECG is a test to assess the performance of the heart when exercising. It involves exercising on a treadmill while your ECG is being recorded. It is used to determine your risk of having a heart attack, it can be used to determine the cause of chest pain and where necessary for those already on medication for chest pain (Angina) to assess how effective you treatment is.
Sometimes described as a video of the heart because it shows moving pictures of the heart. The doctor can see the size and shape of your heart and also how well your heart’s chambers and valves are working.
Echo can also pinpoint areas of the heart muscles that are not moving well because of damage from a previous heart attach
A type of echo called Doppler echo shows how well blood flows through your heart’s chamber or valves.
Echo can detect possible blood clots inside the heart, fluid around the heart, and problems with the aorta (the main vessel which carries oxygen-rich blood from your heart to your body). We also use echo to detect heart problems in infants and children.
HOLTER Monitoring (24HR ECG / 24HR BP)
HOLTER is a test which measures your blood pressure of ECG for a 24hr period as you go about your normal daily activities. It allows doctors to assess how your heart functions throughout the day. It is often requested for people with palpitations and those with difficulty controlling Blood Pressure.
An ECG records the electrical activity of the heart and is used to measure how fast your heart is beating and whether it is beating normally as well as if there has been damage to the heart, it is often the first line investigation for the heart.
The cardiac package consists of:
- - Fasting lipid profile
- - Blood sugar levels
- - ECG
- - Stress ECG
- - Echocardiography
- - Full blood count
- - 24-hr Holter monitoring (as clinically indicated from the other test)
This package may be for you if you have some of the following risks factors:
- High Blood Pressure - Healthy adults should aim for a BP of less than 140 / 90mmHG. Higher blood pressures are associated with heart diseases
- High blood cholesterol - Bad cholesterol causes plaque to build up in the blood vessels that supply the heart
- Diabetes - People with Diabetes have and increased risk of Heart Disease
- Obesity - Being overweight can lead to an increase in cholesterol levels, BP diabetes and heart disease
- Smoking - Tobacco increases heart rate, tightness major blood vessels and can lead to abnormal heart rhythm
- Physical inactivity - People who are not active have a greater risk of heart disease
- Heredity - if your parents or siblings had a heart condition before age 55 then you are at greater risk of heart disease
- Age - Males over 40 years and females over 50 years have a greater risk of heart disease